Nov. 17, 2015
ALBANY, N.Y. — Constitution Pipeline Company today announced the recipients of its Constitution Pipeline Community Grant program, awarding 11 grants totaling more than $116,000 to benefit local communities within the counties traversed by the proposed pipeline project.
One of the 11 recipients is the Delaware County Sheriff’s office, which plans to use a $17,700 grant to aid in the purchase of two Polaris Ranger utility vehicles for use by first responders in reaching areas not easily accessible by full-size vehicles.
“This grant award will be used to improve our emergency response capabilities by allowing us to replace our existing 15-year-old ATVs with two new Polaris Rangers,” said Tom Mills, Delaware County Sheriff. “It is often necessary to respond to emergency situations, such as logging or farming accidents, which occur in rough terrain or isolated areas not accessible by roads. The new Polaris Rangers are badly needed. We sincerely appreciate the support of Constitution Pipeline in helping the Delaware County Sheriff keep the community safe.”
Another recipient is the Conesville Fire District located in Schoharie County, which plans to use a $15,000 grant to aid in the purchase of a new fire truck.
“The grant from Constitution Pipeline is going to be used to help purchase a new fire truck, which will lower our maintenance costs and give our firefighters and the community more protection,” said Bill Hanson, former vice chairman, Conesville Fire District. “We need to replace our 1977 GMS fire truck this year. We have saved 200,000 dollars but still have a shortfall that these dollars can help fill. We are very grateful for the contribution from Constitution Pipeline.”
Since its inception in 2012, more than $1.9 million has been awarded by the Constitution Pipeline Community Grant Program to 145 organizations to help fund noteworthy projects that directly benefit communities in the pipeline project area.
An advisory committee consisting of community leaders and company representatives helped determine which projects would receive funding and how the dollars would be distributed. Grants were awarded based on overall community need and merit of the proposal. Examples of eligible projects included emergency/first responder support, youth or senior services, education programs, assistance in the enrichment of wildlife habitat and promotion of environmental education.
“We have been very pleased with the response we’ve received from communities who have benefited from the Constitution Pipeline Community Grant Program,” said Matt Swift, Constitution Pipeline project manager. “We are excited to be able to help support so many deserving organizations, especially during this time of year when budgets are tight and fundraising needs are even more magnified.”
Constitution Pipeline distributes grant awards twice per year, with the next funding cycle’s deadline scheduled for April 1, 2016. Grant applications can be completed here.
7th Cycle Grant Recipients
- Binghamton Housing Authority (Broome County, NY) — Equipment Purchase to Assist Low Income Families, Elderly, and Disabled Persons: $10,000
- Deposit Fire Department (Broome County, NY) — Personal Protection Equipment: $8,711
- Mothers and Babies Perinatal Network (Broome County, NY) — Support of Pregnant & Parenting Women in Recovery: $2,500
- City of Norwich (Chenango County, NY) — Norwich Bruchhausen Park Playground Equipment: $13,243
- Delaware County Sheriff’s Office (Delaware County, NY) — Polaris Rangers for Emergency First Responder Support: $17,700
- Harpersfield Historical Society (Delaware County, NY) — Large Artifacts Display: $15,000
- Conesville Fire District (Schoharie, NY) — New Fire Truck: $15,000
- Village of Schoharie (Schoharie County, NY) — Design and Development of Recreational Corridor: $10,000
- Summit Fire District (Schoharie County, NY) — SFD Tanker Tank Replacement: $10,000
- Union Dale Volunteer Fire Co. (Susquehanna County, Pa.) — Snowbulance: $7,500
- Hallstead Fire & Engine Hose Co. #1 (Susquehanna County, Pa.) — UTV 6X6: $6,500
About Constitution Pipeline Company, LLC
Constitution Pipeline Company, LLC is a 125-mile pipeline project proposed to connect domestic natural gas production in northeastern Pennsylvania with northeastern markets by the fourth quarter of 2016. Additional information about the Constitution Pipeline can be found at www.constitutionpipeline.com.
# # #